Cecilia Growing Day by Day

babies

Felicity Growing Day by Day

babies

Thursday, April 12, 2007

First Word!!!

Now, Cecilia has been saying "mama" and "dada" for months but we don't know when she began to know who "mama" and "dada were." So we were waiting to hear some other word.

Today Cecilia was having some mac and cheese and peas at lunch. When James saw her mashing more peas than eating them, he asked her, as we always do, "Are you done?" She proceeded to begin eating more peas. So he went to check his email and let her nibble some more. While I was sitting here at my computer suddenly I began to hear, over and over again, "Done, Done, Done." I turned around and sure enough she had stopped eating. I went over to her and asked, "Are you done?" and she said, "done," with arms outstretched for me to get her out! I told James to come hear her first word and we both repeated with her and applauded her and made her say it again and again.

So, discounting the standard "mama" and "dada" (of which she said "dada" first), Cecilia's first word is "Done!" at almost 14 1/2 months.

No comments: