Cecilia Growing Day by Day

babies

Felicity Growing Day by Day

babies

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Cecilia's Sleep Mystery

We have made a discovery but don't ask me what the hell it means.

Cecilia had been sleeping great. She would go to sleep around 9 and sleep until 7:30. Then take a 1 1/2 hour nap starting at 2pm.

I wanted to increase her nap to 2 hours so I started trying to give her a nap starting at 1:30 or even 1. She napped less time, was grouchier at bedtime and was even getting up by 6:30am.

So, after a few days of this, figured to try to move the nap back to 2pm and see what happened. I let her sleep yesterday from 2:10pm until 3:55pm and was already surprised I had to wake her as she didn't wake up after only an hour and 15 minutes.

She went to bed last night without crying or upsetment.

She is still asleep this morning!

I don't get it but I learned my lesson.

One down. Now if I could only solve Felicity's recent decline in nighttime sleep. One at a time I guess. :)

1 comment:

Melanie Bettinelli said...

I've learned a similar lesson recently. Our magic time seems to be 1. If I try to put Bella down for a nap any time before 1 (or if she falls asleep in the car, say), she only sleeps for about 45 minutes and wakes up very cranky. But if it's after 1, she'll sleep a good 2 hours.

I haven't noticed as strong a correlation between her napping and night time sleep, though.

It's nice to know what the limits are and to be able to predict her behavior, though not always possible to schedule around the naps as most family gatherings seem to be scheduled to begin at 1 or 2 on Sat or Sun. I guess on those days we just have to deal with bad sleep.